Terms & Conditions
To ensure fair access to all, the following conditions apply:
- Content of subscriptions is subject to change. We have added hundreds of millions of records at no extra charge. Record sets are rarely removed.
- We will endeavour to ensure that the service is always available as is reasonably practicable.
- Use of the service is strictly limited to personal use (except for Business Plus, Professional Premium & Library Premium subscriptions, see below).
- Access will be available for one user only (except
library subscriptions). Simultaneous access from multiple computers can cause suspension of your account.
- We reserve the right to impose a fair usage limit and the right to suspend the service in cases of misuse.
- Providing a look-up service will cause immediate suspension without refund.
- Those proven to be using our service to provide a look-up service to others will be liable to a charge of £5 per distinct name for which they have searched and £10 for each result viewed.
- Professional Premium subscriptions are for professional genealogists offering a service to research a full family history not simply looking up one or more names on request. It may not be used to offer a look-up service and such use will cause immediate suspension of the subscription without refund.
- Only Business Plus accounts can be used by probate research services and other non family history commercial usage.
- Free Trials are on a one per household basis.
- Cancellation of subscriptions must be made in writing (by letter/email) at least two weeks before the next payment due date. Cancellations will not take effect before the end of any minimum sign-up period.
- All paid subscriptions (excluding pay-as-you-go) will renew automatically (unless cancelled, see above) to ensure you continue to receive the benefits of the ever-increasing range of genealogy data.
- Cancelling your credit card or payment details does not cancel your obligation to pay for the minimum period and this will affect your credit rating.
- Credits have no monetary value - they are a means of ensuring fair access.
- Content of a subscription may not always include material that we licence from another provider. Such databases may be charged on a cost-per-search basis and are licenced to us on the understanding that we do not offer them as part of another subscription.
- To prevent abuse of this service we reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without notice.
- Any attempt to rip image sequences or datasets will be subject to a charge of £1 per image or line of data.
- The information, products, and services included on this web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd and provides all content in this site "as is " and without any warranty of any kind.
- Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd makes no representations concerning the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the content or the service provided on the site for any purpose. We disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the content and the services provided on the site, including conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no case will we be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special or other damages including, without limitation, lost or delay of use, lost profits, loss of data or any other damage in contract, tort, equity or any other legal theory, even if advised of the possibility thereof.
You are purchasing a Premium Web Service: Under the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law, because you are purchasing a premium website service that begins immediately, you may not cancel this order once payment has been taken.
- Look-up: Looking up information in our databases on behalf of others, whether or not for payment
Exceptions to the above:
- Professional agencies who offer a people-tracing service may purchase a special People-Tracer BMD or Business Plus subscription.. Those interested should contact us for more information about this subscription. All other terms still apply.
- Libraries, societies, institutes, etc may purchase a Library Premium subscription which can be used at their premises by any of their members/visitors. Those interested should contact us for more information about this subscription. All other terms still apply.
- We use use some cookies to identify you when you use this website. For more information on these, please click here.
- We may collect statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. This does not identify any individual, and can include information about your computer, your operating system and browser type, for system administration. Sometimes age, gender, and interests are included in order to create reports.
- Using the Ads Settings page, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
This site is owned and operated by Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd.
Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd, PO Box 530, Jersey JE4 8XX
For Support see our help wizard which includes an email support form.