Terms & Conditions
To ensure fair access to all, the following conditions apply:
- Content of subscriptions is subject to change. We have added hundreds of millions of records at no extra charge. Record sets are rarely removed.
- We will endeavour to ensure that the service is always available as is reasonably practicable.
- Use of the service is strictly limited to personal use (except for Business Plus, Professional Premium & Library Premium subscriptions, see below).
- Access will be available for one user only (except
library subscriptions). Simultaneous access from multiple computers can cause suspension of your account.
- We reserve the right to impose a fair usage limit and the right to suspend the service in cases of misuse.
- Providing a look-up service will cause immediate suspension without refund.
- Those proven to be using our service to provide a look-up service to others will be liable to a charge of £5 per distinct name for which they have searched and £10 for each result viewed.
- Professional Premium subscriptions are for professional genealogists offering a service to research a full family history not simply looking up one or more names on request. It may not be used to offer a look-up service and such use will cause immediate suspension of the subscription without refund.
- Only Business Plus accounts can be used by probate research services and other non family history commercial usage.
- Are on a one per household basis.
- If you have taken out a trial, in order for you to continue to receive the benefit of our records and unique tools, your trial will automatically convert into the level and duration which you have chosen (or our diamond personal premium annual subscription by default). If you wish to cancel, this must be done within the free trial period in order to stop the conversion. Cancellations can be made in the "My Account - My Subscriptions" section, by clicking the "Cancel" button or by contacting us.
- If you cancel a trial, and you do not receive an email confirmation after 1 hour, please contact us to ensure you will not be charged. After conversion of the free trial to a premium subscription, no refund can be made unless proof of cancellation within this period can be provided.
- To ensure uninterrupted service, your premium subscription will automatically renew on the year anniversary of it starting (the day after your free trial finishes). To stop renewal, simply cancel your subscription at any point before the renewal day by contacting us.
- Cancellation of subscriptions must be made in writing (by letter/email) at least two weeks before the next payment due date. Cancellations will not take effect before the end of any minimum sign-up period.
- All paid subscriptions (excluding pay-as-you-go) will renew automatically (unless cancelled, see above) to ensure you continue to receive the benefits of the ever-increasing range of genealogy data.
- Cancelling your credit card or payment details does not cancel your obligation to pay for the minimum period and this will affect your credit rating.
- Credits have no monetary value - they are a means of ensuring fair access.
- Content of a subscription may not always include material that we licence from another provider. Such databases may be charged on a cost-per-search basis and are licenced to us on the understanding that we do not offer them as part of another subscription.
- To prevent abuse of this service we reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without notice.
- Any attempt to rip image sequences or datasets will be subject to a charge of £1 per image or line of data.
- The information, products, and services included on this web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd provides all content on this website "as is" and without any warranty of any kind.
- Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd makes no representations concerning the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the content or the service provided on the site for any purpose. We disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the content and the services provided on the site, including conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no case will we be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special or other damages including, without limitation, lost or delay of use, lost profits, loss of data or any other damage in contract, tort, equity or any other legal theory, even if advised of the possibility thereof.
You are purchasing a Premium Web Service: Under the Distance Selling (Jersey) Law, because you are purchasing a premium website service that begins immediately, you may not cancel this order once payment has been taken.
- Look-up: Looking up information in our databases on behalf of others, whether or not for payment
Exceptions to the above:
- Professional agencies who offer a people-tracing service may purchase a special People-Tracer BMD or Business Plus subscription.. Those interested should contact us for more information about this subscription. All other terms still apply.
- Libraries, societies, institutes, etc may purchase a Library Premium subscription which can be used at their premises by any of their members/visitors. Those interested should contact us for more information about this subscription. All other terms still apply.
- We use use some cookies to identify you when you use this website. For more information on these, please click here.
- We may collect statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. This does not identify any individual, and can include information about your computer, your operating system and browser type, for system administration. Sometimes age, gender, and interests are included in order to create reports.
- Using the Ads Settings page, you can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
This site is owned and operated by Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd.
Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd, PO Box 530, Jersey JE4 8XX
For Support see our help wizard which includes an email support form.
1. What information do we collect from you and why?
When you register, subscribe, make a purchase or take out a trial with TheGenealogist we collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- Your telephone number (optional)
- A password (this is provided by you when you create an account with TheGenealogist)
- User Provided Content (such as when you upload or create a family tree on TreeView)
- Social Media Information (when you connect TreeView to Facebook to either log in or build a tree, you can choose to include your Facebook information to help you build your family tree.)
- If placing a DNA order, we will also ask for the above details of the person who will take the DNA test (if they are different), along with their gender.
Through using the website and our services, we also collect the following technical information:
- The IP address of your device (such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone)
- Details of your web browser
We only collect information about you that is required to fulfill your subscription or purchase, for prevention of unauthorised access to your account and for improving our website and services we provide.
You can check that the information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date by logging into your account or contacting us. If you find any inaccuracies you can amend them in your account, or you can let us know and we will delete or correct them promptly (within 7 working days). The personal information we hold is stored securely, in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
2. How do we use your personal information?
We only use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To authenticate access to your account (when you log in to the website).
- To process your order - for DNA tests, this includes us sending your name and email address on to our testing partner, Family Tree DNA. We or the supplier may contact you in connection with your order, such as clarification of an address.
- To provide you with customer service following an order.
- If you opt-in to our newsletter, we will use your email address to send you regular updates, news and offers from Genealogy Supplies (Jersey) Ltd, S&N British Data Archive Ltd and their associated brands. You can opt-out of this at any time by going to your account or clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any marketing email.
We will securely hold your personal information for your convenience in your account unless you ask us to remove these details. You can request that we remove your details from TheGenealogist at any time by contacting us, we will then initiate this for you. Please be aware that if you do wish to close your account, we may need to retain certain information to resolve disputes and comply with our legal obligations and tax requirements.
3. Are your details shared with others?
Your personal information is stored on our secure server, please be assured that this does not get passed on to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Payment Processors - Card details are entered directly into our secure card payment processor Braintree or on some occasions PayPal (if you select this option for payment) or Barclaycard EPDQ. We never receive or have access to your full payment details - the payment provider stores card details securely for the purpose of processing payments and refunds.
- Analytics Providers - We use analytic services to help us improve our website and your experience. We do not send these providers your personal data, but they can use certain technical data, such as your IP address which is anonymised.
4. How secure is your information?
We store all personal information on our secure servers, these have both technical and physical safeguards in place to protect against inappropriate access, loss or misuse of data. While we cannot guarantee that this will not happen, our security team regularly review our security practices, updating them as necessary to help ensure the integrity of your information.
To help protect against your personal information from being misused or accessed, it is important that you use a strong password for your account that you have not used elsewhere. The UK Government's CyberAware Campaign has some good advice on picking passwords.
If you have any queries regarding this policy, please contact us.
Keep me signed in
If you tick this option you will be able to stay signed in to the website without the need to fill in your login details each time.
This should last a number of days or until you select 'Logout'.
Two browsers may be signed in persistently at one time. Signing in a third browser will overwrite the oldest login.
When the 'logout' option is selected all concurrent logins are removed.
If you are on a shared computer do not tick this option or the next person to use the computer will be able to visit the website with your account.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Feel free to
call or send us an email.